This article includes the detailed patch notes of the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta.
Scroll down for the update.
[Original Post – 8/10/2020] Cold War Beta will begin on October 8 for PS4 (if you have made a pre-order) and on October 10-12 for the rest. For PC and Xbox One, the Beta is expected to arrive around 17-19 October. The Beta will include many new features like VIP Escorts, Combined Arms and a new Cartel map. You can check the exact notes below, in case that you’ve missed them.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta Patch Notes
- Core Movement
- Integrated updated locomotion animations and systems for walking, jogging, and sprinting.
- Slightly increased acceleration when moving from a standstill.
- Reduced or removed several sprint penalties that could leave the player in a state of reduced sprint speed. This results in more opportunities to use the Sprint Takeoff feature for a quick burst of speed when initiating a sprint.
- Increased the time it takes to ramp down from maximum to minimum sprint speed for a smoother change of speed. This also slightly increases the time at which a player sprints at a faster pace.
- Slightly adjusted camera bob during sprint to better align with updated movement animations.
- Disabled Field of View increase when sprinting. This should provide a smoother in-game view and prevent a “floating camera” feeling when sprinting.
- Slightly reduced slide speed.
- Increased the minimum amount of time a player must sprint before sliding to better align with time to reach max sprint speed. This means a player cannot immediately trigger a slide from a near-standstill.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to cancel a slide without the appropriate slowdown. We will continue to monitor and investigate any slide-cancel exploits.
- Added a more detailed breakdown of statistics for each attachment, explaining in detail how each attachment influences its weapon’s stats.
- Moved the Gunsmith UI button closer to the weapon for easier access.
- Recoil and Firing Animations
- Added new weapon recoil systems and firing animations with a comprehensive tuning pass for a revamped weapon firing feel on every weapon for both hip-fire and ADS.
- Reworked and rebalanced all recoil patterns, impacting weapon balance and mastery across the board.
- Full touch-up pass on animations across all weapons based on feedback.
- Aim Down Sights (ADS)
- Added new ADS weapon rendering technology for more realistic ADS perspective.
- Smoothed out all ADS in/out transitions.
- General Weapon Tuning
- Made tuning changes to Alpha weapons that overperformed or underperformed, including increases to AK-74u recoil and ADS time, increasing LMG ammo capacity, and more.
- Attachment Tuning
- Full attachment balance pass to ensure all attachments stay relevant and balanced.
- Sniper Rifles
- Added aim assist on snipers for controller users for cross-platform balancing.
- Several precision-aiming adjustments to help the sniping experience feel more fluid.
- Sniper glint now displays more often and more reliably to help players understand when they are in danger.
- Adjusted ADS time on sniper rifles.
- Sniper rifles now requires higher hits on the body for one-hit eliminations (for example, upper chest instead of stomach, or upper arm instead of lower arm).
- Frag Grenades
- Reduced the fuse time on the Frag Grenade for Beta. Throw speed adjustments are targeted for launch.
Keep in mind that Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Beta download will not be associated with the Alpha, so you can safely delete the Alpha from your PS4. If you are wondering about crossplay, the answer is yes. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War will have a crossplay feature.
[UPDATE 1 – 23/10/2020] Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War becomes the most downloaded game in the franchise’s history.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta is now over after a small extension on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Call of Duty Twitter Account, this Beta was the most downloaded in the franchise’s history. Unfortunately, we could not find any statistics to corroborate it. Before the release of Cold War’s Beta, Activision has stated that Modern Warfare was the biggest ever in the franchise’s history. Fingers crossed for the official release.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) October 22, 2020
In addition, be sure to read about the impressive Call of Duty bans number and Warzone’s 16-bit death effect controversy. Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed the article and want to support the site, feel free to throw a like at our official facebook page.