This is a special-edition article, regarding The Last of Us Part 2 Leaks. (Sadly, Videos have been removed)
As you already know, enormous The Last of Us: Part II leaks have started emerging online. It’s safe to assume that Sony will be acting fast to have the clips removed, but it may already be too late to keep this leak under control.
Exactly how these videos have found their way online remains unclear. According to rumors, an employee of the company leaked this information on purpose, after failing to settle a payment dispute. Among the footage is a huge chunk of unseen gameplay, various cut-scenes, the release’s main menu, and what appears to be unfinished multiplayer code. According to Naughty Dog, multiplayer is set to release later in the future.
Whatever you decide to do, we encourage you to be careful and show respect for fellow fans. Many people waited years for this game, so if you absolutely have to watch the clips, please don’t spoil it for others.
Special thanks to Wade Wilson who managed to find three important spoiler videos.
Spoiler 1 : Joel dies at the hands of Abby
There’s a scene early on in the game (Jackson) where Joel gets his skull caved in by Abby with a golf club (below). Later on, a scene between Ellie and Dina takes place where Dina explictly mentions Joel and Jesse being dead.
Spoiler 2 : Abby vs Ellie & The game has you fighting Ellie from the perspective of Abby
We couldn’t find the exact videos, but take a look in the footage below (Ending cutscene).
Spoiler 3 : Ellie and Dina talk about Joel’s death
Dina is pregnant with Jesse’s baby. Ellie and her are trying to start a family. The leaked video here is pretty big and in depth.
Spoiler 4 : Gameplay Footage (Removed)
Other important spoilers that we managed to collect (without concrete proofs though) are:
- One of the surgeons Joel killed had a daughter called Abby
- The Firefly massacre destroyed her whole life, she’s been looking for revenge ever since
- She knew who Ellie was because of her dad talking about their shot at a cure, figured out Joel from Firefly records
- Cult attacks Ellie’s settlement and she, Jesse, and Dinah are part of the group sent to track down and attack it – Jesse is killed during this
- Ellie is now violently angry and goes to Seattle looking for the cults home to wipe it out, meets Joel there because he heard about Jesse and came back to help her
- Abby finds Ellie because she’s been in conflict with the cult too, so when Ellie hunts them to Seattle and is set to attack them with Joel her group find them and attack
- She kills Joel herself, takes Ellie back to camp debating what to do with her since for all her hate she doesn’t blame her for the massacre
- Ellie butchers her group to escape and Abby is now motivated to hunt her down
- Second half of the game is spent as Abby chasing Ellie
- Ellie continues hunting the cult while you chase her down
- Ending is Ellie and Abby fighting to the death
- You kill Ellie as Abby, and she leaves while realizing she’s not really “won” in any meaningful way since all she’s done is get more of her loved ones killed for the sake of her killing Joel and then Ellie
- Ending is “cycle of revenge” with the loose implication Ellie’s friends will hunt Abby now in return
Thanks for reading. Be sure to also take a look at the hot news about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Eivor actors.
Wade Wilson & Foivos Karkanis