This is a guide for Titan Quest Defense Mastery. Of course the mastery build depends on the second mastery as well, but we will try to give some general tips that fit every class associated with the Defense Mastery. Defense is a melee oriented mastery, featuring high defensive stats, shields and tanking. The main attributes you must use are Strength and Dexterity. Keep in mind that you must always have very high HP, defense and resistances as a Defense Mastery user especially in co-op. If you play solo, you will probably need to have a more hybrid tanky-dps build otherwise it will take you years to kill anything. Now let’s get to a more detailed analysis about this mastery’s spells and passives.
- Battle Awareness 8/8 : Best defensive passive in the game giving you and your party bonus Armor and Defensive Ability.
- Armor Handling 6/6 : Reduces strength requirements in Armor and Shields so you can allocate more points into Dexterity. It also gives you an increase in Armor Absorbsion.
- Adrenaline 1/12 : Basic proc that will boost your HP regeneration but when combined with Defensive Reaction will also give you bonus Speed and Physical / Bleeding Damage. You can add more points into it, only to improve it’s duration.
- Rally 12/12 : Healing active spell, giving you a small buff in HP Regeneration and Armor as well.
- Quick Recovery 8/8 : A fast defensive cooldown, will raise Armor Absorbsion, Shield Recovery Time and Shield block. A must-have for every tank.
- Shield Smash 1/6 : A passive 5% chance to reduce the defensive ability of your target. Adding more points only increases the chance % by a tiny amount.
- Resilience 6/6 : Reduces the cooldown of Adrenaline.
- Focus 6/6 : Adds a shield block % buff in Battle Awareness.
- Shield Charge 1/6 : A simple charge, good for closing the distance. There is no real need to max it.
- Disable 1/6 : A passive 6% chance to reduce the attack speed of your target. Adding more points only increases the chance % by a tiny amount.
- Defensive Reaction 8/8 : Allows Adrenaline procs to increase your Physical / Bleeding damage and Speed.
- Iron Will 6/6 : Adds 70% Sleep / Stun / Entrapment / Freeze and Disrupt Resistance buff in Battle Awareness.
- Defiance 12/12 : Rally will now increase your Elemental Resistances and reflect some of the damage you take for a small amount of time.
- Colossus 8/8 : Very big cooldown but a totally broken spell. Increases nearly everything making you almost invincible. Use when you really need it.
- Pullverize 1/6 : A passive 6% chance to reduce the offensive ability of your target. Adding more points only increases the chance % by a tiny amount.
- Tier 1 Concussive Blow : Good passive stun chance if you play a mace or axe.
- Tier 3 Focus : Just one point on this so Rally will increase your speed by 10%.
- Tier 8 Perfect Block : You will stop all incoming damage but you will also be unable to attack.
I main Assassin, Warden in Legendary, Elementalist in Epic and Runesmith in Hardcore. If you want to play together or for any suggestions / questions you can always find me on Steam. If you are new to the game, you can also read our Titan Quest pocket review.